Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library2Go, from the Overdrive, let's you checkout and download eBooks, audiobooks and videos.
- Checkout limit - 5 at a time
- Checkout periods - 7 or 14 days
- All items automatically return themselves, so there are never any late fees.
- Items can be renewed if not on hold for another person. The renewal option becomes available on your bookshelf three days before the return date.
- You can place holds and be notified by email when your requested title is available.
- You can read or listen to books on your computer, smartphone, ereader, or other mobile device. Find specific instructions for your device here.
Libby App for Library2Go
Library2Go offers an app for mobile devices called Libby. Libby was designed to make finding, borrowing, and enjoying ebooks and audiobooks easier than ever.
How To Set Up the App
- Download the Libby app for iOS or Android to borrow on your mobile device.
- Open Libby and type your zip code or the name of your library to find the ArkansasLibrary2Go consortium.
- Select Springdale Public Library.
- If you have a card from another library you can also set up an account with that card. This will allow you use multiple cards to borrow from multiple libraries. You can switch between libraries in the app.
- Type in your card number to set up your borrowing account.
How to Use the App
At the bottom of the app screen you will see Library and Shelf options.
- Use the Library button to find ebooks and audiobooks available to checkout in the Library2Go digital library.
- Click on Search For A Book to find a book by title or author.
- Click on Preferences to narrow your search by format, audience and more. You can change preferences at any time.
- Click on Explore to find materials by age groups or interests. It includes a subject search for genres like mystery, fantasy, etc.
- Scrolling down will also take you thru other options and collections.
- When you find a title to check out, touch Borrow.
- The title will automatically download to your Shelf. By default, all loans are downloaded for offline use when you have a Wi-Fi connection.
The Shelf option is where your checked out titles and hold requests appear.
- Next to the book cover you may tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew and Return.
- The icon in the top right corner takes you to account options to add multiple library cards, manage notification and get help.
Additional help can be found on the Libby Help page. Happy reading!
Library2Go for Kindles
You can borrow Kindle Books from Library2Go to read on Kindle devices or Kindle reading apps.
Detailed instructions for transferring library ebooks to Kindles are available on the OverDrive Help website.
If you're using a Fire tablet, please refer to the guide on getting started with the OverDrive app.
hoopla lets you borrow and download from a library of over 130,000 titles.
- Includes eBooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, music and video.
- Titles are always available, you never need to place a hold.
- Checkout limit - 6 items per month.
- "Bonus" titles do not count against your monthly limit anc can be found in the Genre column of each format.
- Checkout periods
- Books and comics - 21 days
- Music - 7 days
- Movies and television - 3 days
- Automatic returns - No late fees!
- Works with smartphones and tablets, as well as Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, Fire TV
- Does not work with Kindle
How To Set Up the App
- Here are instructions for using iPhones, iPads and Android devices.
- Download and install the Hoopla app.
- Open the app. Follow screen directions to set up your account using email address and password.
- Hoopla can be used on a smart TV for video downloads. If you plan to use video, consider a short password to make it easier to enter with your remote TV control.
- Use our zip code - 72764 - to find your library.
- Fill in your library card number
- You're ready to use the app!
How to Use the App
- Set preferences by touching the 3 dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- For example you can set the app to "download only on wifi," or to hide or show your borrowing history.
- Another icon at the top of the screen allows you to cast to a smart TV.
- Next to that is the search icon. Type in a title or author to search across all formats.
- Narrow or sort by using the two icons above the search results. Use Refine to limit by format, language, etc.
- Note the choice of "Home" and "Favorites" on the screen. You can tag any title to add it to your favorites, come back later and check it out.
- To browse by format use the format boxes.
- Remember, you can only checkout a limited number of titles each month. The Home screen tells how many you have left for the current month.
- Check out only what you plan to use within the checkout period. Hoopla items are always available - unless you've used your checkouts for the month!
- When you find an item you want, select it and touch 'Borrow.'
- Use the 'Tap here to download' box to download the title to your device.
Additional help can be found on Hoopla's help page.