Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Downloading Music from Hoopla
Music on Hoopla
- Hoopla lets you borrow and download music for 7 days.
- Each album borrowed will count as one of your six (6) monthly checkouts.
- Some 'albums' are the equivalent of several CDs. Others may be quite short. Longer albums give you more music for the 7 day checkout period.
Finding Music with Hoopla
- Search for the name of an artist or album. Then limit to music.
- If you find an album with a collection of artists, scroll to the bottom of the track listing and touch the artist name to find more of their work..
- Explore! Use the "Music" selection box on the home screen. Use any of the four tabs:
- Genres or categories - Not all genres are listed, and titles can be listed in genres you would not expect.
- Don't expect to find Bluegrass or Flamenco in the list, but search for your favorite artist, they may be listed under New Age (The Louvin Brothers) or Pop (Paco de Lucia)
- Though genres are broad, you can sort them by popularity or user rating. To rate your checkouts use the five stars below an album picture!
- Popular - This list can also be sorted. You never know what you will find!
- Recommended - What Hoopla thinks you might want, not sortable.
- Featured - Another sortable list that may lead to surprises.